Housed in Graham-Greenlee Hall, the Health Sciences Theme Community (HSTC) is available to students whose area of academic interest is in a health profession such as pre-med, pre-nursing, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinarian and physiology. The goal of having the HSTC is to help students decide on and prepare for entry into their chosen Health discipline.
The HSTC provides students with the opportunity to connect with a group of students who share an interest in health professions. Participants will have the opportunity to attend a wide variety of pre-health related programs such as specialized workshops, info sessions, tutoring and group study sessions in science, math, and writing.
Special emphasis is put on student/faculty interaction and is accomplished by having faculty come to the living community and interact with students in social and academic activities outside of the classroom. The Health Sciences Theme Community is a joint venture with Residence Life and the College of Nursing.
Benefits of the Health Sciences Community
- Engage in guidance from faculty members and industry mentors – including Resident Assistants in Pre-Health Professions majors
- Interact with your Faculty Fellow
- Have access to specialized programming focusing on career development within Health Professions
- Build your resume and engage in networking opportunities to help make you a standout student
How to Apply
- Submit the online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The Theme Community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis, so commit early!
For more program information, contact: