Start Out with Something in Common!
Live in a dorm with students who share similar personal or academic interests and goals. Theme communities center around an academic focus area and can bring students who have similar personal interests or passions together. The partnership between you, the other residents, and your hall staff can create a dynamic living experience for developing lasting relationships.
To be eligible to live in a University of Arizona Theme Community, submit your housing application. The Theme Community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
Students admitted to the University of Arizona Honors College are eligible to live in one of two Honors halls (Árbol de La Vida or Yuma). Honors students are not required to live in the Honors halls. You will select an honors hall when you pick a hall to live in, based on availability.
- Blue Chip Leadership Community - Pima
- Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge Community - Navajo-Pinal
- Cambium: A STEM Scholar Community - Árbol de la Vida
- Eller Communities - Árbol de la Vida, Colonia de la Paz, Coronado & Manzanita-Mohave
- Engineering Leadership Community - Gila
- Health Sciences Community - Graham-Greenlee
- Living Well Community - Apache-Santa Cruz
- ROTC Community - Cochise
- O'odham Ki: Community - Kaibab-Huachuca
- Outdoor Adventures Community - Cochise
- Social Justice Community - Pima
- The Arts District (TAD) Community - Manzanita-Mohave
Continuing Student Theme Communities
You can reassign to a theme community if there is space available.
Yes, as long as the Theme Community application is still available to you in your housing application (opens in January). Just click on the Theme Community tab at the top of your application, choose the Theme Community you want to live in and complete the application. If you are accepted to the Theme Community, we will reassign you.
If you have been accepted to a Theme Community, only available rooms in the Theme Community will be available to you when you go to choose a room. Just go to your housing application and follow the instructions to choose your room.
Only students accepted to a Theme Community are permitted to live in that Theme Community. When you access the roommate request process, you will only be able to request another student as a roommate if that person has also been accepted to the same Theme Community. You have two options:
- The person you want as a roommate can, if eligible, apply for the Theme Community as well. If accepted, you would then be able to request that person as a roommate in the Theme Community.
- If the person you want as a roommate is not eligible for and/or not accepted to the Theme Community and you would rather live with that person instead of living in the Theme Community, you will need to cancel your Theme Community application.
Please contact Housing Assignment Services at (520) 621-6501 and they will help you.