Desk Assistant Recruitment Information
Applications are now closed. The below information is intended for reference only.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Residence Life team. Below you will find important information regarding the position. Please read through it all before appling. Our eligibility and application information detail everything you need to know before applying.
University of Arizona Residence Life is dedicated to cultivating safe and educational residential communities that foster student success. We envision a world-class residential experience where all students invest in learning, contribute to community, and achieve personal success. As a part of the Residential Education staff, the front desk plays an intricate role in the success of every residence hall. The desk staff manages many day-to-day functions that are crucial to the success of our communities. Being part of the Residence Life staff is a rewarding experience and a great opportunity for student leaders to take an active role in their university.
The online application will be available beginning Thursday, January 19th and will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25th. Only the first 350 applicants will be guaranteed an interview. You will be notified of your status in the process following your application. We look forward to receiving your application.
Desk Assistant Eligibility
To be eligible for this position you have to meet all the following requirements. Failure to meet these requirements will mean immediate disqualification from the selection process:
1. You must be available for all residence hall openings and closings.
2. You must be able to attend Fall Desk Assistant Training beginning Monday, August 7th and subsequently be available to continue work and training through Residence Hall Move-In (Sunday, August 20th). No excusals will be granted for new staff during this period.
3. You are currently a UA undergraduate student.
4. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units each semester.
5. You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
6. You are able to pass the pre-employment screening and criminal background check required by this position. Any offer is contingent upon a favorable outcome of the background check. For more information on the background check, please refer to the University of Arizona Human Resources policy: Pre-Employment Screening Policy
7. Residence Life gives priority hiring status to applicants who are Work Study eligible.
Job Start Date: Monday, August 7, 2017
The student applicant will be held responsible for the accuracy and truthfulness of the information submitted on and/or related to this application.
The desk assistant application will ask the following:
1. Personal Information
2. Prior Work Experience & Involvement
You must list previous jobs you have held and a summary of job duties, skills learned, and opportunities. For each position you will need to provide the following:
• Start date and end date
• Position title
• Supervisor name
• Indicate whether or not we may contact your past employer (Y/N)
• Address information
• Phone number
• Description of duties
3. Estimated availability
4. Essay Questions
5. Additional skills or knowledge